Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I want YOU to become a vegan!

Yes, I have an agenda, and I'm telling you about it up front. I want you to become a vegan. Choosing veganism is a decision that makes a big impact. It's almost like waking up one morning and discovering you've somehow become a superhero - except this is a power you've always had, a power you possess RIGHT NOW. You have the power to stand up for the little guy, to help the helpless, to actually fight evil! Your daily choices affect countless lives - and with that power comes with great responsibility.

You can step up and take that power any time you want to. It could start with little things, like choosing non-leather, vegan sneakers instead of leather ones. You could google "vegetarian restaurants" in your area and try them. You could check out some vegan or vegetarian cookbooks and start sampling recipes. You could just add this blog to your "favorites" list and check in from time to time.

This blog will offer inspiration, recipes, stories, and whatever else I can think of to encourage people to consider veganism seriously. I am a committed vegan, and in my normal interactions with friends, colleagues, acquaintances and family I never push veganism. I try to set an example by being a happy and healthy vegan person, and hope that by doing so I will encourage others. But I also want to offer a positive, encouraging resource for people who are open to the idea of becoming vegan. I'm sure I'm still too "radical" for some people...but if you give me a chance, maybe I'll persuade you that it's the Standard American Diet that's extreme.

No comments: