Monday, July 20, 2009

More to think about...

RE: Michael Vick. An article I clicked on over at Yahoo. What worries me is that it all seems to be about how Vick wants to avoid coming off as cocky or entitled or bitter, and is back in training, and whether he'll have to play in a league other than the NFL.

Wouldn't it be nice if ANYONE said something like, "Hopefully he won't beat any more animals to death with tire-irons." or "Vick expressed heartfelt remorse about the shocking ignorance that led him to ruthlessly abuse and torture the animals that relied on him for care."??

After all...he wasn't in prison because he didn't train enough, or because he was too self-assured. Hmph.

On a lighter note...
I have some fun food posts coming up soon - I created a faux farmer's cheese-caramelized onion-balsamic reduction-tartlet in puff pastry that initially seemed to underwhelm everyone, but then came back from initial setbacks and turned out to be delicious. I made the vegan spanakopita from Vegan With a Vengeance and it is AWE-SOME. And I ramped up the stakes on that chocolate pie I made for a barbeque a few weeks ago - and dear gods, it was a thing of delicious, decadent beauty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I let the crew try the spanakopita and they all loved it. In fact, Jackie said she will make it this weekend. Awesome!