Monday, June 7, 2010

Mercy for Animals - Dairy Farm Investigation

The latest Mercy For Animals Dairy Investigation: results and responses are here, on the MFA blog.

I sometimes wonder about the way celebrities are always highlighted by the animal rights movement. I mean, I'm pretty sure Alec Baldwin isn't vegan - OK, I don't know, maybe he is, but isn't there something kind of...carnivorous about him? But he frequently speaks out for organizations like MFA and that's fine...I'm glad he's lending some of his fame in that direction. I just don't know how persuasive he can be if he speaks out against animal abuse and all that, if he's also simultaneously contributing to the problem (by buying & eating meat...if he is, indeed, doing so). But whatever, whether you care that Alec Baldwin has spoken out in favor of their campaign or not, it is a troubling, thought-provoking investigation and you can check it out on their blog.

No comments: